Happy 4th of July

This 4th of July was a little different seeing as our celebrations seemed to last for 3 whole days. But that's what you get when the 4th falls on a Sunday. We decided to make it a "Staycation" and spent the weekend here around town taking in all the local attractions and celebrations. Saturday morning I went to the arts festival show in downtown Provo with Jordan's mom. There was a Marinello School of Beauty booth and they put Liliane's hair up in little pigtails with these fun red/white/blue bows. Lily loved it! When we went back to the house we spent a good portion of the afternoon out in the yard playing. There was a lot of this:
Liliane played in her little pool, jumping in and out no matter how cold the water was. (It was straight from the hose so it was pretty cold.) She spent a little time chasing after the dogs at Grandma Grays, but they never seem to mind. After the pool time she strutted her stuff down the slip and slide.
Liliane is a little dare devil! She went down the slide 5 or 6 times, each time running back to the top so Jordan could send her down again. It made me so happy to see how much fun she was having!
After we were done with the water we had a delicious barbecue dinner complete with delicious watermelon and corn on the cob. After dinner the boys took a trip to Cabela's and my sister-in-law, Claire and I took the kids to the park. Liliane went down the slide all by herself for the first time (and kept doing it like 10 times!). She is growing up so quickly! 
Saturday night we tried sleeping out on the Gray's deck but we all had to come inside at 1:00am because it started raining. It was too bad because Liliane was doing really good with it to. The rain didn't even wake her up like it woke the rest of us. 
Sunday evening we set off fireworks in a church parking lot (thanks to Provo's firework restriction). Liliane was mesmerized and kept saying "pretty" and even called the fireworks "cute" once or twice.  Sunday night we ventured sleeping outside again and this time were able to stay out there all night long. When we woke up Monday morning we decided we'd try to go to the parade which worked out really well. 
We ate breakfast at McDonald's first and then headed towards the parade route. We were able to park really close and find a place to sit and watch from the curb. Grandpa Gray used Lily's cuteness to her advantage and would hold her up so people in the parade would throw her candy and things. She like that a lot. Jordan's and my favorite part was when the jet flew overhead. That was pretty cool.

After the parade we went home to our house and in the afternoon Jordan and I took Liliane swimming at the Lindon pool. I can't say how much I am glad Liliane loves water. She had a smile plastered on her face the entire time we were there. The lazy river is where we spent most of our time. It was quite nice to get wet and cool off. Being pregnant makes me take up every opportunity to cool off that I can. 

If any of  you who are reading this post made it to the end, congratulations! Its long, but we did lots and I wanted to keep a little record of our fun. I hope everyone else had a lovely 4th of July, too!

1 comment:

  1. I can totally see you in her in that last picture! I am sad Milly hasn't ever met her. some day :)